Originally from: Germany
Job title: Consultant, Trainer, and Facilitator
Languages: English, German, Spanish, Russian
Experience with Open Standards:
- 2015: Coach in Training at MTW Vilm (Germany)
- 2016: Coach at MTW Zagreb (Croatia)
- 2018: Coach at MTW Ikalto (Georgia)
- 2013-2017: Co-facilitated four two-day trainings on OS within the framework of the Klaus Topefer Fellowship Programme of the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation, Isle of Vilm (Germany)
- 2016-2017: Designed and co-facilitated a training of facilitators on the Open Standards based framework for ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in mountainous regions of Central Asia, with GIZ at various locations in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan
- 2015: Designed and lead a four-day training on Open Standards based management planning for World Heritage sites in Jordan, with Enviromatics, At Ajnoon Academy (Jordan)
- 2015: Designed and co-facilitated a one-day training on using the Open Standards for PA management planning, Isle of Vilm, with German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation and GIZ (Germany)
Experience in applying / coaching:
- 2017-2018: Development of an integrated management framework for the proposed serial World Heritage property Colchic Forests and Wetlands; Michael Succow Foundation, http://www.succow-stiftung.de/home.html. Using the OS and Miradi to develop an integrated management framework in accordance with §114 of the Operational Guidelines for the Implementation of the World Heritage Convention, in cooperation with the Agency of Protected Areas of Georgia.
- 2016: Development of standardized biodiversity monitoring programs for CNF-supported Protected Areas in Georgia; Caucasus Nature Fund, http://caucasus-naturefund.org/. Used the OS and Miradi to design integrated monitoring systems for Lagodekhi PAs and Borjomi-Khragauli NP in Georgia.
- 2013: Management Plan for a Proteted Area in the West Bank – Wadi Al-Quff planned reserve; Donor UNDP PAPP (http://www.undp.ps/en/), implementd by IUCN and EQA. Use of OS and Miradi to support management planning for a small managed reserve near Hebron.”
Other OS-related activities:
- 2016-2019: Support to development of an Open Standards based methodology for ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in mountainous regions of Central Asia, with GIZ, WWF US and other partners. See https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-72874-2_2 for details.
- 2017-2018: Support to the translation of the Open Standards into Russian, including fundraising, human resources mobilization, and backstopping.
- 2018: Initiative for and co-organization of the Multi-Team Workshop in Ikalto (Georgia)
Additional Relevant Experience:
- Tobias is very experienced in putting the Open Standards into various contexts and is a committed, trained and experienced facilitator, within and beyond CCNet
- He has strong structural orientation and analytical skills and is also skilled in knowing when the Open Standards are NOT the most suitable approach
- Tobias is interested in links between Open Standards based adaptive management and organisational development.
- Tobias is also interested in the application of Open Standards in ecosystem based and ecosystem centered climate change adaptation and the application of Open Standards in the natural World Heritage context