Originally from: Kosovo
Organisation: University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”
Job title: Assistant Professor
Languages: Albanian, English
Experience with Open Standards:
- 2013: Participant Multi-Team Workshop in Ribaritsa (Bulgaria)
- 2016: Coach-in-Training at Multi-Team Workshop at Mt Medvednica (Croatia)
- 2016: Participant at AM/OS module at Eberswalde University (Germany)
- 2016: Participant at Adaptive Management training at the University of Pristina (Kosovo), provided by Eberswalde University
- 2016-ongoing: Leading an elective Courses about the Open Standards at University of Prishtina
- 2018-2019: Coach of MSc and BSc students from Albania, Germany, Greece and Kosovo at a 10-day summer school, organized by Eberswalde University (in Kosovo)
Other OS-related activities:
- 2017-ongoing: Supervision of diploma theses by using OS
Additional Relevant Experience:
- Avni is associate professor at the University of Prishtina (Kosovo), teaching Plant ecology and Protected areas management, recently he introduced the course Planning and Management of Projects for Conservation (based on Open Standards for the Conservation) at University of Prishtina.
- He is interested in protected areas management, ethnobotany, natural resource management and phytochemistry of aromatic plants.
- As a researcher, he is involved in several projects, most of them focused on biodiversity conservation in Balkans cross-border areas and on promoting the cooperation and networking between Balkan’s Universities as well as Balkan’s with EU Universities.
- He is member of several conservation organisations, including the European Conservation Coaches Network, and Board Member for SCB Europe Section (2019-ongoing).