Country: United Kingdom
Originally from: Jersey
Organisation: Zoological Society of London (ZSL)
Job title: Programme Development Manager (Africa, Marine & Freshwater, Global Programmes)
Experience with Open Standards:
- 2018: Completed CCNet Coach training hosted by CCNet SE Asia (Malaysia)
Experience in applying / coaching:
- 2015-ongoing: Project/programme design specialist, ZSL Conservation & Policy Department (current role)
Other OS-related activities:
- 2018: Lead author, project planning and design module (OS based), United for Wildlife “Introducing Conservation” MOOC.
- 2018: Contributing author, “Prism toolkit for evaluating the outcomes and impacts of small/medium-sized conservation projects”.
Additional Relevant Experience:
- David’s strengths are in the application of OS-based approaches in context of developing technical funding proposals for large-scale projects. He has experience developing logframes and SMART objectives and indicators. David is also experienced in supporting individuals and small teams to apply OS-based techniques
- David is interested in building experience in leading workshops to support teams in applying OS to design large-scale conservation projects, and in the applied use of Miradi in project design and developing associated institutional processes and capacity.
- David is a member of World Land Trust Council and a member of BIAZA Field Conservation Committee
- He is an external proposal reviewer for the Whitley Fund for Nature and the Conservation Leadership Programme
- David is the lead author & lecturer on the fundraising module of EDGE Fellows Leadership course